XRI1-I-R Directional Overcurrent and Short-Circuit Protection Relay
The digital relay type XRI1IR has been designed as a time overcurrent protection device for the use in electrical machines, lines and grids.
The protective functions of the XRI1IR can be summarized as follows:
- Definite-time overcurrent;
- inverse-time overcurrent with selectable characteristics;
- integrated determination of fault direction for application to double infeed lines or meshed systems.
It is possible to select from the following tripping characteristics:
Definite time overcurrent protection (DMT)
Inverse time overcurrent protection (IDMT) with selectable tripping characteristics:
Furthermore, the XRI1IR can be employed as a backup protection for differential and distance protection relays.
|I>||0.2 … 4.0 × I n|
|I>>||1 … 40 × I n|
0.03 … 260 s (definite time)
0.05 … 10 s (inverse time)
0.03 … 2 s
Voltage supply via wide-range power supply unit:
Auxiliary voltage range
16 … 360 V DC or
16 … 270 V AC
standby: approx. 3 W
operating: approx. 5 W (terminals C9, E9)
Benefits of the Professional Line
- Fast DIN rail mounting ⇛ easy and fast mounting
- Sealable plastic covers ⇛ safe (see if anybody has broken the seal)
- Super easy settings via front buttons ⇛ fast without computer
- LED and output relays fault indication ⇛ easy to find out what has happened
- Compact form factor ⇛ fits in small spaces
- IT security ⇛ no way to attack via Ethernet
- Robust and reliable ⇛ well proven reliable quality
- Wide Range Power Supply ⇛ don’t worry about available supply voltage
- Integrated Self-Test Procedure (via button) ⇛ fast and easy checks: relays, LEDs
For all relays except XD1-G and except XRI...: optional interface adapter XRS1 (order code XRS1A or XRS1*);
for all XRI... [except XD1-G]: optional adapter RS485 to USB (order code RSC2485USB1):
⇛ easy doing high precision settings via Windows ® PC software »Smart view«
Interconnection of renewable energies (DER â distributed energy resources) to the public grid.
Protection of High, Medium and Low Voltage feeders against thermal damages by overload or short circuit currents.
Earth fault protection of High, Medium and Low Voltage feeders.
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Current transformer inputs||3|
|Voltage transformer inputs||3|
|Time overcurrent protection||50/51||•|
|Directional time overcurrent protection||67||•|
|Circuit breaker failure protection||50BF||•|
|Fault recorder (none volatile)||•|
|Housing suitable for DIN rail mounting||•|